Water Billing Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SELLING PROPERTY IN THE VILLAGE - READ THIS FIRST
Rates & Billing
Residents are billed bi-monthly for their water usage. The current rate is $9.74 per 1,000 gallons. Sewage is billed at a rate of $1.29 per 1,000 gallons. Included in your utility bill are charges for rubbish service. Rubbish is billed at a rate of $ 27.99 per month, and appear on your bi-monthly bill as a $55.98 charge. The senior rubbish rate is $24.04 per month will appear as $48.08 on the bi-monthly bill.
Beginning in July 1, 2017 a $5 water and a $5 sewer monthly infrastructure fee will be assessed to all residential and commercial accounts. This will appear on the bi-monthly bill as a $10 water and a $10 sewer infrastructure charge.
The Village Offers 4 Convenient Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill:
Option #1: Pay in person at Village Hall (10300 W Roosevelt Rd)
- Village Hall hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm; the 2nd Saturday of every month from 8:30am – 12:30pm
- We accept cash, money orders, personal/business check, and Visa/MasterCard/Discover (not American Express)
- The lobby is open 24/7 with an overnight drop box to submit payment (no cash, please!)
Option #2: Set up automatic debit payment from your checking or savings account
- The Direct Debit application can be found here: Direct Debit Application
- Submit the completed application along with a voided check in person or by mail to the Village Hall
Option #3: Utilize E-Pay services to pay online
- Click on the “Online Payments” button at the bottom of the Village Hall home page
- Click “Water/Rubbish/Sewer Bill”
- Enter your 11-digit account number, without dashes
- If you receive an error message at login, please try again or contact Village Hall
- Effective October 1, 2015 any payments made through E-Pay after 10pm will be dated the next day.
Option #4: Use the pre-addressed return envelope included with your bill to submit payment.
- Make checks payable to “The Village of Westchester”
- If submitting payment from your personal bank website, please allow a minimum processing time of 10 days prior to the due date. Your bank will need to prepare and mail a check. Only payments made from our website (E-Pay services) are processed electronically and received the same day. Personal checks are posted the date of receipt, not the date indicated on the check or postmarked.
New residents are required to complete this form and return it to Village Hall, before the account will be placed in their name. You may also use this application, if you wish to update your billing address.
For third-party billing please use this form.
Senior Rubbish Discount
View the Senior Rubbish Discount Form
Utility Billing Questions
Click here to ask questions about your bill, discuss a shut-off notice or request to be contacted by our utility billing representative.
Send all forms to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org